Transfer Equivalencies

CMU welcomes hundreds of new transfer students every year. One of the first questions a transfer student will ask involves how their credit will transfer.

Courses with a C- (1.7 per Central Michigan University's grading scale) or better will be accepted.

This website makes it easy for you to see transfer equivalencies and program guides so you can determine what courses will transfer to your CMU program.

Note regarding Writing Intensive (WI) requirements.

CMU does not accept transfer credits to satisfy Writing Intensive (WI) requirements. If you see a CMU course equivalent with a WI suffix, please be advised that these credits will not satisfy CMU's WI requirements. The transfer tables will be updated soon to reflect this academic policy.

To find a course or program equivalencies, select your school and subject in the menus below.

Search by School

Not seeing your course(s) here?

Please submit a transfer credit equivalency form and we will evaluate it for you.

Want more search options?

Try the Michigan Transfer Network, which allows you to search by subject and course number for many michigan colleges and universities.